After a divorce is filed, all parties are legally obligated to uphold the judgments ruled by the court. In the event that a party fails to act in accordance with the judgments, he or she is in contempt of court and can be held accountable.

If someone is in violation of a judgment by not paying support or by violating the terms of a parenting agreement, the other party can invoke contempt powers, forcing the violating party to pay a fine or go to jail. Other means may include arrears or wage garnishment.

This process can be confusing and complicated, however.

If someone is violating your rights by infringing on a court-ordered judgment, it is important that you fully understand your rights and ability to pursue enforcement options.

Our legal team at Kathy D. Sheive Attorney at Law understands how stressful these issues can be. We will take our quarter century of experience to assist you in obtaining accountability and justice in the most efficient way. By fusing a hands-on compassionate approach with our diligence and comprehensive knowledge of these issues, we have helped hundreds of families reach resolutions that have suited them ideally in the immediate and long term. We urge you to protect your rights and well-being by scheduling an initial consultation as soon as possible.

To get in touch and schedule a consultation to discuss visitation enforcement and other enforcement issues with our Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Osceola and Polk County, Florida, child support enforcement lawyer, call 407-944-4010 or email the firm.