Parenting Plan – Timesharing

Parenting Plan and Shared Parenting issues typically arise when a marriage is ending, when married partners or unwed parents of a child separate, or after a divorce when child custody family law modifications are sought by either parent.

If the parents of the child, or children are not able to successfully resolve Parenting Plan and Shared Parenting issues through mediation or other attempts at amicably resolving child-related issues, the court will render its decisions based in accordance with Florida law, Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction, and Enforcement Act, and what is in the best interest of the child, or children.

As a law firm providing experienced Parenting Plan Attorney – Lawyer legal services, assisting Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Osceola and Polk County, St. Cloud, and Osceola County Florida area residents with Parenting Plan, Timesharing, or other Family Law legal issues, we are committed to protecting the legal rights of each and every client, while always striving to provide the highest standard of legal representation. Contact Kathy D. Sheive Attorney at Law by calling 407-944-4010 or by using our online submission form.

During Parenting Plan and Shared Parenting proceedings, the court will consider various factors to determine what is in the best interest and welfare of the child, including, but may not be limited to:

  • The emotional ties existing between the parents and the child
  • Each parent’s mental and physical health
  • The moral lifestyle of each parent
  • Each parents ability to provide for the child’s needs on a daily basis
  • Which parent is more likely to conform to court orders by allowing contact between the child and the parent who does not have primary residential care

If you have questions, concerns, or legal needs regarding Parenting Plan, Timesharing, or other Family Law issues, we urge you to seek the legal advice of an experienced Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Osceola and Polk County parenting plan attorney – lawyer at Kathy D. Sheive Attorney at Law by calling 407-944-4010 to schedule a confidential legal consultation.

When the primary custodial parent wants to move 50 miles or more, or out of state, child custody and visitation issues maybe even more complicated. One of the purposes of Florida’s Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act is to address and deter parenting plans and shared parenting controversy and to promote cooperation between States to ensure child custody and visitation proceedings are conducted in the home state of record for the child.

Removing a child to another State temporarily or permanently without the court’s authorization may be considered parental kidnapping or a violation of other Florida Laws.

If either party’s financial standing or other relevant factors significantly change, either party may petition the court to seek a modification of the standing parenting plan or shared parenting court order. This is considered a post-judgment parenting plan or shared parenting modification.

A modification regarding court-ordered parenting plan or shared parenting may also be negotiated through mediation, and if agreed upon by both parties, the parenting plan or shared parenting modification must still be made official by asking the court to agree and sign-off on the parenting plan or shared parenting modification agreement.

If you require professional legal services regarding Divorce or Family Law Mediation issues, be proactive in protecting your legal rights by seeking the legal advice of an experienced Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Osceola and Polk County family law mediation attorney – lawyer. Contact Kathy D. Sheive Attorney at Law by calling 407-944-4010 or by using our online submission form.